Like any other browser, Google Chrome also offers the option to download or save images from Google Image search results and other sites. However, some users have complained that they unable to download Where save pictures From Google Chrome. If you are also facing this issue on your Windows 11/10 computer, the solutions in this article will help you.
Unable to download or save images from Google Chrome
If you cannot download or save images or images from Google Chrome, one of these suggestions will definitely help you solve the problem.
- Clear browsing data
- Disable installed extensions
- Enable the Sites can display images option
- Drag and drop the image to the desktop
- Update Google Chrome
- Reinstall the Chrome browser.
Let’s check all these options.
1]Clear browsing data
It is possible that the cache of images and files and/or cookies is the cause of such an issue. If this may be the case, you should clear this browsing data. To do this, here are the steps:
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Click on the button three vertical dots (Customize and Control Google Chrome) icon present at the top right corner of Google Chrome browser
- Place the mouse cursor over the button More tools menu to expand it
- Click on the button Clear browsing data… option
- A Clear browsing data pop-up window will open
- There, select Cookies and other site data option
- To choose Cached images and files option
- Press the key Erase data button.
Now wait for the Chrome browser to clear the selected options. After that, relaunch the Chrome browser, and now you should be able to download images using the Chrome browser.
2]Disable Installed Extensions
If this problem occurs due to an extension installed on your Chrome browser, check if you can download images after disabling that particular extension. So it will be a manual process. Disable the installed extensions one by one and check if you can download the images. If yes, you need to remove this specific extension from your Chrome browser.
3]Enable the Sites can display images option
If the option to display images by sites is disabled, you may also experience this problem. So you should enable the Sites may display images option. The steps are as follows:
- Open Chrome browser
- Click on the button Customize and control Google Chrome option (three vertical dots icon) available in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser
- Click on the button Settings option
- In the Settings window, click the button Security and privacy category available in the left section
- Go to Site settings option
- Scroll down the Site Settings page
- Go to Images section
- Under the Default behavior select the Sites may display images radio button
- Restart the Chrome browser.
4]Drag and drop the image to the desktop
It’s not a straightforward solution, but it’s useful when other options don’t work. What you need to do is just press n hold an image (using the left mouse) that you want to save, drag it to your desktop, and drop it. The image will be saved successfully.
5]Update Google Chrome
Sometimes an outdated version of a program or app can cause various issues related to that particular program/app. This can also happen in this case because you cannot download or save images from Google Chrome. Keeping programs and other things up-to-date on your Windows 11/10 computer helps keep your computer and programs secure most of the time. So it is good to update google chromethen check if your issue is resolved.
6]Reinstall Google Chrome
This may be the last solution to follow. If none of the options work, you need to uninstall Chrome browser from your computer, remove its leftovers (registry entries, empty folders, etc.), etc. After that, download Chrome browser setup file from its official website and install it.
Hope these solutions help you.
Why can’t I save images from Google Chrome?
There might be a reason why you can’t save images from Google Chrome. For example, it may happen because of cache files or cookies, there may be an extension interfering with the registration process, etc. To fix this problem, you can try the fixes like temporarily disabling extensions, updating Chrome browser, clearing cookies and cache files, etc. All these solutions are also listed by us in this article above.
Why are my downloads failing on Chrome?
If you have problems downloading images from Google Chrome, you can try the options such as clear browsing data, disable extensions, update chrome browser, enable the option for sites to show pictures, etc However, if your download fails for all file types, it may occur due to network failed error, the file you are trying to download no longer exists, there is a download blocking error because Windows Internet Security may have blocked it, etc. In such a case, you need to perform a virus scan, check if your IP address is not blocked, remove unwanted software that is blocking the downloading process, check if you have permission to download the file, increase the space storage on your computer, etc.